I am uing Woocommerce on several websites and no problem with updates. But with 2 of them I can’t see any update available for that plugin. I am using Woocommerce version 6.8.2 and when on wordpress plugins status, no update available for woocommerce. Any idea?
From what I understand, you’re using WooCommerce on multiple websites without a hitch, but for two of them, updates for the WooCommerce plugin aren’t showing up. If you’re on WooCommerce version 6.8.2 and there’s no update available on your WordPress plugin status, that’s a bit odd.
The current WooCommerce version is 8.1.1, so an update should be available. Let’s try a few things to fix this:
- Clear your cache: Your browser cache might be hiding the latest updates. Clear it, or try a different browser to look for updates.
- Update WordPress: Make sure you’re using the latest WordPress version. WooCommerce often needs a certain WordPress version to update properly.
- Check your hosting: Is your hosting provider meeting WooCommerce’s minimum requirements? Take a look at the 👉 WooCommerce Server Recommendations.
- Manual update: If you’re still not seeing the update, try manually updating the plugin. You can download the latest version of 👉 WooCommerce from WordPress.org and upload it to your site. But remember to back up your site first to avoid any data loss.
- Look for conflicts: If you’re still stuck, another plugin or your theme might be causing a conflict. Deactivate all other plugins and switch to a default theme like Storefront, then look for the update. If it shows up, reactivate your plugins one at a time to find the conflict.
Here’s a helpful guide on how to test for conflicts: 👉 How to Test for Plugin and Theme Conflicts.
📌 Quick heads-up: It’s really important to back up your full site and database before making any changes. This will ensure that if anything goes wrong, you can easily restore your site to its previous, working state.
If none of these steps work, could you please share your site’s System Status with us? It will give us a better understanding of your site’s setup and help us identify the problem. You can find it via
WooCommerce > Status. Select
Get system report and then
Copy for support.
Also, if there are any fatal error logs, please share those with us as well. You can find them under
WooCommerce > Status > Logs.
Once you have that, please paste it inside a Code block in your reply, or use https://pastebin.com/ to paste it and share the link with us.
Thank you for your patience and cooperation in this matter. I’m looking forward to your response so we can solve this issue for you.
Thank you @bisratlearn for your quick help!
It was no cache problem.
Howevere , I didn’t use the latest version of WordPress.
So I updated WordPress first and them updates for the WooCommerce finally showed. So I could update WooCommerce ad it seems to work fine !