Hello my wordPress community!
I manage a website which, while targeted towards a particular audience from specific region, receives a considerable influx of traffic (around 75%) from other regions. (Organic+ social media traffic) This distribution is causing a dilemma in my ad earnings, particularly given the nature of my monetization strategy.
Situation in Detail:
– My website relies solely on AdSense for its revenue.
– The Cost-Per-Click (CPC) from my primary targeting audience’s region is markedly higher than the CPC from the secondary region.
– Due to this, the secondary region’s traffic significantly dilutes my overall AdSense earnings.
The goal is clear: implement a system where AdSense ads are conditionally displayed based on visitor geolocation.
To be precise, I intend to prevent visitors from the secondary, lower CPC region from viewing (and thereby clicking on) ads.
– My content is promoted through a single unified channel, ruling out the feasibility of using different landing pages or mediums for each region.
– Being mindful of budget, I’m seeking solutions that offer good value.
With these considerations, I hope to gather insights on:
1. Tools or methods within WordPress to detect visitor geolocation and adjust ad content display accordingly.
2. Possible solutions to hide AdSense ads completely for visitors from specified regions.
3. Ensuring these adaptations don’t negatively impact my site’s SEO or necessitate the creation of separate landing pages.
If any of you have navigated similar waters or are aware of plugins, tools, or methods that could come to my aid, your suggestions would be invaluable. And if there’s an outside-the-box solution I may not have considered, please do share.
Deeply appreciate your time and expertise on this matter!