With All in One SEO (AIOSEO), you can indeed set a meta description for your WordPress site’s search results page without needing any additional code snippets. This feature is built right into our plugin settings.
Here’s how you can do it:
- Navigate to All in One SEO > Search Appearance > Archives in your WordPress dashboard.
- Scroll down to the Search Page section.
- You’ll find a toggle for “Show in Search Results”, which is set to “No” by default. Simply switch this toggle to “Yes”.
- Once you enable this, you can enter your desired meta description in the Meta Description field.
- To make your meta description dynamic, you can use the “Search Term” smart tag, which will automatically include the search term that was used in the search.
We’ve also covered this in our documentation along with a video here-