I have one website has a very strange issue with plugin update. The site has been running well. Updating plugin from Plugins page without any issue.
Just one day, out of blue, updating plugin brings the site to maintenance mode immediately. Error message below the plugin “Update failed: -1”. I can bring the site back by removing “.maintenance” file in root directory. However, I just can’t click the update button now.
Here is what I’ve done:
- Confirm server has plenty of space for the site.
- Able to disable plugin, reactivate plugin.
- NOT ABLE TO install new plugin
- Able to manually upload plugin via FTP and activate the plugin
- Disabling caching plugin and security plugin doesn’t help
Wonder if anyone could help me out